St Mary’s is a welcoming community who: learn together; live out Catholic values;
celebrate all achievement and believe all is possible in Christ’s hands.
Our school aims are:
To be a loving Christian family upholding the values of tolerance, justice and respect:
- by promoting each child’s spiritual growth;
- by celebrating the awe and wonder of life;
- by developing children’s knowledge and understanding of the Catholic faith through the Come and See programme;
- by being positive role models who treat each other with respect, fairness and who demonstrate forgiveness to one another;
- by engaging in high quality collective worship together;
- by celebrating together as a school family;
- and by developing children’s self-confidence, self-esteem and resilience.
To educate and develop the whole person enabling learners to achieve their full potential through an inclusive curriculum with memorable experiences:
- by planning and delivering an inspiring curriculum with extra-curricular activities to ensure provision of rich, inclusive learning opportunities;
- by providing learning with challenge, support and differentiation to meet the needs of all individual learners;
- by using assessment, marking, feedback and evaluation to inform and enrich future teaching and learning and to track individual pupil progress;
- by providing opportunities for all staff to develop professionally;
- and by having high expectations of achievement and behaviour.
To nurture a sense of belonging, to welcome and work in partnership with families, the parish and our wider and global community:
- by developing our responsibilities as citizens in the diverse local, national and global community;
- by helping children to develop understanding, respect and tolerance of other religions and cultures including their own
- ;by developing strong and positive links between home, school, parish and community;
- by supporting parents and carers in their role as first educators;
- by working in partnership with the staff and pupils of the schools that our pupils move on to;
- by working in collaboration with local schools to share best practice and provide best possible outcomes for our pupils.
- by working in close partnership with other agencies involved in supporting children’s journeys through school;
- and by communicating and consulting with all stakeholders.
With Christ, we live, love, learn and grow.